2018 Alaska Bear and Puffin Expedition
2018 DATES: August 8/12-8/17, 2018
Trip Cost: $5,750
August 12-August 17, 2018
Lake Clark National Park and Preserve (plus, optional add-on weekend to Kenai Fjords for whales and glaciers)
Trip Level: While this trip is perfect for shutterbugs, others who enjoy wildlife viewing and fishing will get a true Alaska adventure. Avid photography enthusiasts (beginners to professionals) should bring (you can rent them too) a digital SLR camera, a 300mm lens or better, and a tripod, and be familiar with basic manual menu settings prior to the trip.
Join Michelle Theall, senior editor at Alaska magazine and an award-winning professional photographer for the title on an EXCLUSIVE Alaska bear viewing and photography excursion. In her role as editor-in-chief of Alaska Magazine, Theall had the opportunity to explore Alaska in a way few others have, enabling her to find the best locations and vendors along with perfecting the logistical acrobatics needed to navigate an immense state with few road systems. The result: Theall’s tours through Wild Departures offer the very best of the state with one of the most knowledgeable guides available.
Download the trip itinerary HERE.
THE TRIP AT A GLANCE
- 5 days and 4 nights of fully guided, safe bear viewing in the heart of bear country.
- Comfortable accomodations with modern ammenities and gourmet meals.
- Small group size: 7 tour participants
- 1-hour+, round-trip flightseeing tour to and from Lake Clark and Anchorage.
- Daily photography instruction while shadowing Alaska Magazine’s former editor-in-chief and award-winning photographer for the title.
- 4xs per day bear-viewing excursions along the coast and rivers.
- 1x boat trip out to puffin island to photograph horned and tufted puffins, kittiwakes, sea otters, and bald eagles.
SPACE: Limited to 7
COMMITMENT DEADLINE: March 15, 2018 / Deposit Due
COST: $5,750 per person (double-occupancy) / $1,000 non-refundable deposit
Airfare to and from Anchorage and your home, lodging in Anchorage on 8/12, trip insurance, and gratuities, not included. Full terms and conditions available with deposit.
For more information or to secure a spot on the trip, please contact email@example.com ASAP or book immediately by submitting your deposit below. Or, call: 720-635-1380 for additional details.
5 SPOTS LEFT