Sold out. See 2022 dates and register now!
June 25 – July 1, 2021
Trip Cost: $6,200
Lake Clark National Park and Preserve
June is the perfect month to view spring cubs emerging for their first forays into the world with their moms. We aim to see them riding on top of their mother’s backs, learning to clam, sparring and playing…all among the budding flowers of the season. Plus, we take a special trip out to “puffin island” to view roosting puffins (hundreds). Other animals out and about include moose, fox, and bald eagles.
Trip Level: When you think of Alaska, you think of bears. On this trip, we guarantee you’ll see them or we’ll refund your deposit! While this trip is perfect for shutterbugs, others who enjoy wildlife viewing and fishing will get a true Alaska adventure. To join this trip, you must be able to walk up and down stairs, and ride comfortably in planes and shuttles. The activity level is rated 1 / easy. Avid photography enthusiasts (beginners to professionals) should bring (you can rent them too) a digital SLR camera, a 300mm lens or better, and a tripod, and be familiar with basic manual menu settings prior to the trip.
Join Michelle Theall, senior editor at Alaska magazine and an award-winning professional photographer for the title on an EXCLUSIVE Alaska bear viewing and photography excursion. In her role as senior editor and photographer for Alaska Magazine, Theall has had the opportunity to explore Alaska in a way few others have, enabling her to find the best locations and vendors along with perfecting the logistical acrobatics needed to navigate an immense state with few road systems. The result: Theall’s tours through Wild Departures offer the very best of the state with one of the most knowledgeable guides available.
THE TRIP AT A GLANCE
- 5 days and 6 nights of fully guided, safe bear viewing in the heart of bear country.
- Comfortable accomodations with modern ammenities and gourmet meals.
- Small group size: 5 tour participants
- 1-hour+, round-trip flightseeing tour to and from Lake Clark and Anchorage.
- Daily photography instruction, along with educational dialogue about bear behavior and the flora and fauna of Alaska, while shadowing Alaska Magazine’s senior editor and award-winning photographer for the title.
- 2xs per day+ bear-viewing excursions along the coast and rivers.
- 1x boat trip out to puffin island to photograph horned and tufted puffins, kittiwakes, sea otters, and bald eagles.
- A framed image of your favorite shot from the trip, shipped to your home on your return.
SPACE: Limited to 5
COMMITMENT DEADLINE: January 15 / Deposit Due
COST: $6,200 per person (double-occupancy) / $1,000 non-refundable deposit
Airfare to and from Anchorage and your home, trip insurance, and gratuities, not included. Full terms and conditions available with deposit.
For more information or to secure a spot on the trip, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP or book immediately by submitting your deposit below. Or, call: 720-635-1380 for additional details.